- Imaginative Writing By Janet Burroway
- Janet Burroway Writing Fiction Pdf
- Imaginative Writing Janet Burroway Pdf
Check with the seller prior to purchase. For courses in Introduction to Creative Writing or Creative Writing in English or Creative Writing Departments. Written by bestselling author Janet Burroway, Imaginative Writing, covers all four genres: creative nonfiction, fiction, poetry, and drama.
- CHAPTER 2 14 Image and Imagination There is a simple trick at the heart of imaginative writing. If I say,“Not everything that appears to be valuable is actually valuable,” you.
- Edition that was posted on 8 April 2007.)Janet Burroway's 'Imaginative Writing: The Elements of Craft, 3rd Edition' adds several new short stories, nonfictions, poems, dramas and drops some of the ones in the second edition, keeping the overall page count of the book about the same.
See a Problem?
Preview — Imaginative Writing by Janet Burroway
More lists with this book...
The reading selections (which I didn't read all of) were sometimes brilliant, other...more
Try this 1.5: Make your list of 'Questions I want answered.' Pick one. Go online and research (on at least 4 sites) what is known about that question. If it is not an answerable question, you'll find much more written about it. Make notes in your journal. Then put away the notes and write what you seem to have learned, in the form of a poem or a dialogue.
Chapter 2: Image
* Any character – whether in a memoir, a fiction, poetry, or drama – who speaks in generaliz...more
This is a large and detailed book on how to engage in creative writing. Each chapter contains explanations of various elements such as ‘image’, ‘voice’, ‘character’. It covers techniques of fiction writing, creative non fiction, poetry and drama.
Each chapter contains short exercises scattered throughout the text but handily enclosed in highlighted text boxes. These can be undertaken in writing workshops or by an ind...more
I often read this book outside of class too. I like the short stories and poems within this volume, as well as the writing prompts. I might save some of the prompts for later!
All of the example pieces that were included were interesting and well-written. It is difficult to write a book about creative writing, so this book just had examples of prose...more
This is a must-read for all serious writers.