I understand this is a client side problem. Her WIFI card is Marvell, and in the adapter settings, I don't see an option for roaming aggressiveness or sensitivity. Are there any software solutions I could use/buy? Here is an example of an android software. Tl;dr Need windows 10 WIFI roaming software solution.
If you wish to improve the Wi-Fi reception and performance on your Windows PC, you may want to consider changing the WiFi Roaming Sensitivity or Aggressiveness. Roaming Sensitivity is the rate at which your device selects and switches to the nearest available point of access, offering a better signal. It is based on signal strength and quality – and not on the distance to the WiFi point.
- Sep 26, 2019 How to disable roaming profile on Windows 10 Original Title: Roaming profile windows 10. Just a quick one, If you are a home user with two computers, where is your roaming profile held. Where can l set NOT to use roaming and NOT to setup environmental variables? This thread is locked.
- Finally, navigate to Advanced, and then under Property select Roaming Sensitivity Level. From there you can change the Value based on what issue you are trying to address. And that’s all there is to it! Now that you know how to navigate to the Roaming settings, you can experiment a little to find what works best for you.
Intel products use the term Roaming Aggressiveness, whereas Ralink and some others use Roaming Sensitivity. But they basically mean the same.
If you are receiving a poor WiFi performance you should configure the wireless network adapter to use the Maximum Performance setting. You could also try updating your network adapter drivers to their latest version and see if that helps you. These tips to increase WiFi speed & and coverage area and how to improve Wireless Network Signal may also help you.
WiFi Roaming Sensitivity or Aggressiveness
If you are facing poor Wi-Fi reception you may also change the WiFi Roaming Sensitivity or Aggressiveness to improve Wi-Fi reception & performance and see it that works for you.
To configure the WiFi Roaming Sensitivity, in Windows 10, open the WinX Menu by right-clicking on the Start and selecting Device Manager.
ExpamdNetwork adapters and identify your WiFi or wireless device. Double-click on the entry to open its Properties box.
Now under the Advanced tab, scroll down the Property list till you see Roaming Aggressiveness or Roaming Sensitivity.
Next, under the Value drop-down,you will see the following options:
- Lowest: Your device will not roam.
- Medium-Low: Roaming is allowed.
- Medium: It is a balanced setting between roaming and performance.
- Medium-High: Roaming is more frequent.
- Highest: Device continuously tracks the WiFi quality. If any degradation occurs, it tries to find and roam to a better access point.
Select Medium-High or High. to improve your Wi-Fi performance.
Click on OK and exit.
Roaming Sensitivity Level
Let us know if this makes a difference.
Roaming Sensitivity Wifi Windows 10
Roaming Sensitivity Level Windows 10 7