Question & Answer
- Linux Server Software
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Flash Player Disabled
- Windows Server 2012 Flash Player Update
- Windows Server 2012 Flash Player Not Working
- Windows Server Software
To use this site to find and download updates, you need to change your security settings to allow ActiveX controls and active scripting. To get updates but allow your security settings to continue blocking potentially harmful ActiveX controls and scripting from other sites, make this site a trusted website. Enable Flash Player for Windows Server 2016. Flash player is included in Windows Server 2016 but not actived for IE by default due to security concerns. Sep 28, 2012 Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows Server 2012 (KB2755399) Click the Download button on this page to start the download. To start the installation immediately, click Run. To save the download to your computer for installation at a later time, click Save. Provides a link to Microsoft Security Advisory (2758994): Update for Internet Explorer Flash Player for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012. Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE in Windows Server 2012. Due to this, it's considered a component of IE and therefore, it doesn't appear in the list of installed programs, and there isn't a separate uninstaller for it.
How do you enable Flash Player on Windows Server 2012/2012R2 to have it available while scaning with IBM Security AppScan Enterprise?
AppScan Enterprise requires that a Flash Player *.ocx file be installed on the scanning servers so that it can execute Flash during a scan. In Internet Explorer 11, the Flash Player *.ocx file comes with the browser. However, it’s not available by default on Windows Server 2012/2012R2.
Linux Server Software
Windows Server 2012 R2 Flash Player Disabled
On Windows 2012 or Windows 2012R2 where the AppScan Enterprise Dynamic Analysis Scanners are installed perform as follows:
Windows Server 2012 Flash Player Update
- Open Server Manager.
- In the Configure this local server section, click Add roles and features.
- Click through the wizard to the Features page.
- Expand User Interfaces and Infrastructure (installed), and select Desktop Experience.
- Finish the wizard and reboot the server.
- Open Internet Explorer 11.
- Open the page that has the rich media content in Internet Explorer.
- Click the tools menu in the upper-right corner of Internet Explorer.
- From the tools menu, choose Manage Add-ons.
- Select Shockwave Flash Object from the list.
Note: Ensure that your current website has rich media content. If the current website does not contain rich media content, Shockwave Flash Object doesn't appear in the list.
- Click Enable, and then click Close.
Windows Server 2012 Flash Player Not Working
Windows Server Software
19 September 2018