You may have trouble reinstalling software under the followingcircumstances:
Repair or remove programs in Windows 10. Content provided by Microsoft. Applies to: Windows 10. Repair apps and programs. (or right-click) on the app, then select Uninstall. Uninstall from the Settings page. Select the Start button, then select Settings Apps Apps & features. Or just click the shortcut link at the bottom of this article. Norton Remove and Reinstall tool helps to uninstall and reinstall Norton on Microsoft Windows operating system. When you run the tool, it uninstalls the Norton currently installed and restarts your computer. After the computer restarts, the tool automatically downloads and installs the latest version of Norton. Latest Uninstall Tool posts from our blog: Uninstall Windows Store Apps Uninstall Tool 3.5 now supports removal of Windows Store Apps (also known as “Universal Windows Platform apps” or “Metro Apps”) on Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10.
- Some components of the previous install were not removedwhen you uninstalled using the Windows Control Panel.
- A corrupted product installation left 'residue' that preventsreinstallation.
These problems can be due todrive letter changes, removal of the original install image, orother drive changes.
Microsoft has a troubleshootingtool (formerly called Fix It) that can automatically solveuninstall issues and works with Windows10, Windows 8.1, Windows 8,and Windows 7.
- Visit the Microsoft Support article, Fix problems that block programs from beinginstalled or removed.
- Click the Download button.
- Click Run or Open, and thenfollow the steps in in the Program Install and UninstallTroubleshooter.
What It Fixes
- Corrupted registry keys on 64-bit operating systems
- Corrupted registry keys that control the update data
- Problems that prevent new programs from being installed
- Problems that prevent existing programs from being completelyuninstalled or updated
- Problems that block you from uninstalling a program through Addor Remove Programs (or Programs and Features) in Control Panel
I am sure that you have stumbled upon difficult programs that just won’t work correctly. Maybe you installed it, or it got installed with other applications. Whatever the reason, now you have an unwanted software.
Uninstalling a program is extremely easy. We all know that we can uninstall a program just by going to Control Panel. It isn’t difficult at all. But what about the residue files? .
5 Best Uninstaller for Windows 10 –
- Best for Complete Cleanup
- Best for Force Uninstall
- Best Lightweight Uninstaller
- Best for Newbies
- Best for Faster Uninstallation
Uninstalling a program from Control Panel won’t always remove the residue files.
And so, the junk files, broken registry entries, and other unnecessary files clog up the memory pretty fast. The best way to get rid of these is by using a third-party uninstaller.
There are lots of uninstallers available on the market; both free and paid. But choosing the right one can be a little tough indeed. And that’s why I’ll be giving you 5 best uninstaller for Windows 10.
Let’s dive in, and see more about these five best uninstaller programs for Windows 10.
|1||IObit Uninstaller Pro||Complete Cleanup||*****||Download||Read Review|
|2||Revo Uninstaller Pro||Force Uninstall||****||Download||Read Review|
|3||Geek Uninstaller||Lightweight Uninstaller||****||Download||Read Review|
|4||Wise Program Uninstaller||Newbies||***||Download||Read Review|
|5||Ashampoo Uninstaller||Faster Uninstaller||***||Download||Read Review|
Number #1 – IObit Uninstaller Pro Paid
Though it’s not free, this is the best uninstaller tool for Windows 10. The Uninstaller doesn’t promise anything that it can’t follow up. Right after installing it will start scanning your whole PC and detect all the installed software.
The interface is quite attractive with a smart and clean look. All the installed programs would be here, and you’ll get tabs categorizing new installations, big applications and many more. So, accessing the file you want will be easier for you.
If you have already uninstalled programs that might have left some residue files behind then, don’t worry. IObit will scan for extra residue files that are junk or hidden and will clean them up.
It will clean up even broken shortcuts or cache data’s of the installed software. The program will also ensure a splendid performance. It would look into your browsers and give you an output where you will get suggestions to enhance the performance.
Though, for now, it only supports Internet Explorer and Firefox. But the software gets regular updates. So, Chrome and Microsoft Edge could get included in the future.
Features of IObit Uninstaller
- Uninstalling and removing the redundant registry entries, files, and folders is easy.
- Two step process. Uninstalls the program and does a high scan to look for leftover files and folders.
- It can also remove toolbars, plugins, browser add-on and extensions.
- Can help you to remove the Windows Store apps.
- Right-click context menu integration. Best feature among all. If you want to uninstall a program, you just have to, right-click on the program and then click remove it with IObit Uninstaller.
- Creates a System Restore point before making any changes.
- Has a file shredder
- Force-remove a program.
- Supports batch uninstalls.
- No option to remove a program entry from the list of installed software.
- Another IObit product tries to install on the system, after the installing process.
Number #2 – Revo Uninstaller Pro Paid
Revo is another popular uninstaller software. And you will get a lot of features with this one. Starting from automatically detecting any installed programs. But you will see some additional uninstalling system along with them.
A Quick uninstall option will remove the program along with any residue files. You won’t have to delete them manually. Sometimes some stubborn programs don’t want to get uninstalled. Force Uninstall option will get rid of any non-functioning program.
This option will also get rid of the remaining programs that you have uninstalled once. You just have to choose the option you want, and it will get the job done.
You will also get some extra options such as, Browser Cleaner, which will clean up all the browser history, caches, and cookies; Autorun Manager, which will run the programs configured by you.
A Backup Manager that will backup data and save a return state if anything goes wrong. But the best thing is that its available in a portable form. So, you won’t even need to install it.
Features of Revo Uninstaller Pro
- Forced Uninstall.
- Quick Multiple Uninstall.
- Scanning for leftovers after the standard uninstall.
- 8 Additional cleaning tools included.
- Free Professional Technical Contact Us.
- Extended scanning for leftovers – more advanced scanning algorithms.
- Real-Time monitoring of system changes – during install of programs.
- Logs Database – database integration of installation logs for better uninstall.
- Multi-level Backup system – including full Registry backup.
- Print and Export of installed programs – in TXT, HTML and MS Excel.
- Customizable and flexible User Interface.
- Visual themes support.
- Command line program uninstall support.
- Doesn’t support unlimited computers
- Not suitable for use with USB stick
Number #3 – Geek Uninstaller Free
If you don’t want to pay the extra bucks, then this could be the one for you. Geek Uninstaller is a free program. And it’s incredibly lightweight, just 2.5MB. There is a Pro version available for you to try out.
But this one is slightly different than the free one. Although it’s free, don’t think that it lacks in any performance. This program will also start with scanning your whole PC and then find out the list of application.
It will give you a thorough list of what programs are installed and give you options to uninstall. If the application doesn’t uninstall with the regular uninstalling option, then it will force uninstall it. If you don’t recognize something, then you’ll get an option to search the internet from within the app.
It’s an additional feature that will come in handy when the time comes. It also supports over 30 languages. But it won’t perform any in-depth scans or be used in any installation process.
It’s a simple app and will get things done on a regular basis. But if you want something that is flashier then this is not the one for you.
Features of Geek Uninstaller
- Remove the unwanted, stubborn and corrupted software forcefully.
- Doesn’t require installation
- It displays the list of all the installed programs in an organized HTML file.
- Other detailed information like installation date of a program, space, etc.
- Easy switch between uninstalling desktop apps and Windows Store apps through the View menu.
- Doesn’t have a restore point before removing a program
- All features only work in the professional version.
Number #4 – Wise Program Uninstaller Free
This one is also another free uninstaller. The program is available in portable version. So, no extra fuss over its installation. But during installation, it will offer a trial product called Spyhunter. So, you need to skip it.
The program is extremely lightweight and fast. After installing when you first open it, you will see a list of programs on your PC.
It scans your system and finds out about them. The extra feature is that it will give you ratings of each installed apps about how others feel about it.
It’s great, knowing what programs are best. You will get two options to get rid of a program: Safe uninstall and Forced uninstall. The force one will forcibly remove the program along with all the junk files.
Features of Wise Program Uninstaller
- Removes the programs from the list which are uninstalled and still showing on the list.
- Safe Uninstall and Force Uninstall.
- TXT file that contains a list of all the installed programs with their name install path, version number, installation date, and size.
- Allows you to open Registry editor by right-clicking a program.
- Enable context menu integration so you can uninstall programs from their desktop shortcut
- It doesn’t create a restore point before uninstalling.
- Doesn’t support batch uninstalls
Number #5 – Ashampoo Uninstaller Paid
This tool might come off as a bit intimidating at first. But after using it, you’ll love it. This uninstaller has fantastic features and is one of the best there is.
You will get any feature that you might want to form this kind of app. You’ll get so many options for uninstalling a program. Not many programs include so many options like this one. It has one lacking that it doesn’t support batch uninstalling, though.
But it will make up for the loss with its other features. The Tools sub-module has a wide range of sub utilities. You’ll be able to manage startup apps, even defragment disks. Deleting duplicate files and optimizing registry is just a bonus.
Extra options such as adjusting group policies, shredding files will help you along the process. So, you see it’s not just an uninstaller instead it’s a combination of many useful programs.
Features of Ashampoo Uninstaller
- List and uninstall Windows apps
- Create detailed installation logs from two snapshots
- Find and remove browser extensions
- Up to 400% faster application scans
- Up 20x faster snapshot creation
- Faster web browsing with privacy protection
- ExFAT support for flash-based storage
- In-depth cleaning for leftover files
- Uninstall nested setups
- Enhanced installation monitoring
- Log and uninstall web-based installations
- Trace any system modification through snapshots
- Uninstall multiple applications in a row
- Application ratings by UnInstaller community
- Logged installations
- Software listings aren’t very descriptive.
Excited to Remove Unwanted Programs?
Program Removal Tool Windows 10
These are the 5 best uninstallers for Windows 10 that will just amaze you. You need to pay for some of them, but they are worth it. You can try out the trial versions first before buying.
If you want a powerful uninstaller features with some extra tweaks here and there, then IObit or Revo would be an excellent choice for you. But if you want an overall package then Ashampoo uninstaller would be the best.
The free programs are not harmful either. They lack some features, but they would get the job done pretty good. So, just choose which one best suits you.